5.02.2016

Teacher Appreciation - Day 1

Teacher Appreciation Week doesn't have to break the bank, stress you out or make you feel obligated to put on your crafty pants but if you feel like you'd love to participate and make your child's teacher smile a little extra this week, then grab some paper, scissors and a marker and let's make them feel like SUPERSTARS!

Teacher Appreciation Week - Day 1

Teacher Appreciation Week - Day 1 - LeroyLime

I have a plethora of crafting goodies but if you don't own a Big Shot or any other paper cutting machine, you can use a brown paper lunch bag to place your gifts in. Have a coloring session with your little ones and let them decorate the bags. Draw an apple, pick up a sheet of stickers, whatever you do, just remember, gift giving comes from the heart, not the bank!

I always keep my eye out for teacher gifts when at Target, Michael's, AC Moore, Tuesday Morning, Home Goods, TJ Max and sometimes even Walmart. These little stamp sets were $1 each and the little ink pad also $1. 

Teacher Appreciation Week - Day 1 - LeroyLime

The way to make your gifts look a little more fancy is the presentation. I took off the plastic wrap from the stamps and tied them together with a piece of bakers twine for instant transformation. 

I used my Big Shot and one of my XL Box Dies to create the open topped boxes you see above. A piece of scrap white paper, a tag punch, ink and a stamp set was used to create a fun tag that I had my kids write their names on in the morning before school. 

Teacher Appreciation Week - Day 1 - LeroyLime

 *tip - When stamping an image, don't rock your stamp - have a scrap piece of paper to use on top of your workspace in case your stamp will not fit on the paper you are stamping on and stamps off onto your workspace.

Teacher Appreciation Week - Day 1 - LeroyLime


Stop by tomorrow to see Day #2

You can also week last years Week of Gifts HERE

2 comments:

Jess said...

Oh I love this!!

I would love for you to share this with my Recipes, Crafts, Tips and Tricks Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pluckyrecipescraftstips/

Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

Julie's Lifestyle said...

We are happy to inform you that we featured this at our Monday Cooking and Crafting with J & J. Thanks for sharing with us and we hope to see you this week. :)
Julie