9.21.2016

DIY Eiffel Tower Ombre' Wall Art

If you are looking to customize some artwork for a room makeover, look no further than scrap wood, chalk paint and an inexpensive vinyl decal. This DIY Eiffel Tower Ombre' Wall Art is one of my favorites, that I made for our neighbors teen daughter's room makeover. 

DIY Eiffel Tower Ombre' Wall Art - LeroyLime


When cleaning out my craft room, I found two rolls of vinyl decals that had been purchased somewhere for $1.99 each and since they hadn't been used yet, I decided to turn them into customized wall art for Victoria. Her room is done in black and white with pops of teal, so I pulled three colors of chalk paint from my stash, cut some sponge pieces and found this perfectly sized piece of scrap wood in the garage.

I started with the lighter color first and daubed away...Going back over sections that needed more paint and then carefully marrying them together where they met. Once it was completely dry, I cut out the Eiffel Tower decal and placed in on the ombre' background. Make sure you have a clean cotton cloth handy to press out any air bubbles. Then a coat of polycrylic to seal everything together and help prevent the decal from coming off in the future.

Victoria was so thrilled with this one, she requested I paint a large wooden V the same way, I'll post that project once it's complete.

DIY Eiffel Tower Ombre' Wall Art - LeroyLime

Paint Colors:
Folk Art Home Decor Chalk 34158 - Grotto
Ultra Matte Acrylic Paint

Folk Art Home Decor Chalk 34803 - Patina
Ultra Matte Acrylic Paint

Waverly Inspirations Chalk
60718E IVORY
Acrylic Paint Matte Finish

Check out this DIY jewelry holder that now hangs in Victoria's room too!

DIY Jewelry Holder - LeroyLime







4 comments:

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

This wall art you made came out great!
Thanks for sharing this at Cooking and Crafting with J&J.
We hope to see you again!
Julie

Jess said...

I LOVE this! SO cute!

I would love for you to share this with my Facebook Group for recipes, crafts, tips, and tricks: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pluckyrecipescraftstips/

Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

Vanessa said...

What a fun wall art and the jewelry is a great idea as well. This would be great in my room. Thank you for sharing your post at Dishing it and Digging it link party.We love having you.

Mary K. said...

That looks stunning. The addition of the color in the background makes it pop and adds lots more interest to the Eiffel tower. Great job. Pinning.